A Town Called Bosler

Started by River Intanto at Jul 02, 2020 5:23 pm
3 Posts

River Intanto

Riri
3 Posts

Show me those pretty white jaws, show me where the delicate stops

River enjoyed watching the hustle and bustle of the marketplace, but he rarely entered the fray himself. His position of choice was usually up in a tree, sitting on a thick branch, but just for a change, he was loitering against a tree trunk instead, carving a piece of soft wood with a knife. Every now and then his ears would prick up and he'd raise his head, watching the people that walked past. There was something intriguing about humans. The way they were around one another. It wasn't the same as his kind, though it was pretty similar. He finished a curve and blew the dust away before pushing himself away from the trunk. He walked at a steady pace, making his way around the outside of the marketplace. He hadn't been in Bosler long, so he was still getting used to how everything worked.

He'd settled in about as well as could he expected. It was a welcome break from wandering around and hoping he didn't get himself into a whole world of trouble one night. At least everyone in Bosler generally stayed indoors at night. He was thoroughly impressed by everything they'd managed to accomplish, and all he really wanted was to find his place in the settlement.

Jyri

Roy jumped off the bus and wordlessly watched the driver close the door and drive off. He threw his bag over his shoulder and started walking towards the town he would be calling a home from now on. As he walked, he glanced at the horses grazing at the meadow by the horse stables. He noticed there was a playground located right next to the stables, with a smile on his face Roy passed it. Seeing that kind of made him feel childish. What would the others think if they'd see him playing by the monkey bars? He chuckled at himself, shrugged the thought off of his mind and continued on. At this point, he realized he didn't know where he was supposed to go from here. Where were the barracks located at? That was when he spotted another young man, wandering around. Perhaps Roy could ask him? Of course he could! It wouldn't hurt to try, at least, but speaking up wasn't that easy for him. It never had been. So, a while before he would actually speak up, Roy went through all the possible ways to greet this young man, his mind was really working for a decent outcome... and in the end, all that he got to say was: "Uh, excuse me?"

River Intanto

Riri
3 Posts

Show me those pretty white jaws, show me where the delicate stops

Dodging and weaving so people didn't touch him as they moved past him had become something of a special skill for River, and he adopted it whenever there were children running around. More than once in his life he'd been headbutted in various areas thanks to come unruly kid, and he didn't think the other residents would appreciate him snapping at their children. Especially considering he was new and all. What he wasn't good at, however, was being able to turn invisible. It would have saved him a lot of bother, particularly when it came to him wanting to blend in as much as possible. It was with a slight frown that he turned towards a voice that seemed to be addressing him. What was it to be, some other humy calling him out for getting too close? Considering the location of the nest, and the fact they allowed one within the town's limits, River thought people would be more used to the Avarus wandering arou-...

"Oh, hi." River was pleasantly surprised when he looked at the person who was speaking to him, and his brow softened as he took in the man before him. He gave him a quick once over before offering his signature confident smirk. "Can I help you?" He didn't stop carving, of course, but that didn't stop him from knowing when he needed to blow away a few loose bits of wood.